These are the Kinetic team’s favorite local spots for a team lunch, coffee break, sweet tooth craving or happy hour drinks. Read on to find out why each made our list.
First, our Fort Wayne, IN, favorites:
- Banh Mi Barista offers dishes that not only satisfy your hunger, but also give you a taste of the Vietnamese culture. They specialize in sandwiches, pho, bubble tea, and adding Vietnamese culture to Fort Wayne’s community.
- Bravas Burgers began as a specialty hot dog cart, traveling the downtown streets of Fort Wayne by day, and the bar scene by night. Now, they have also opened a specialty burger joint—and their hot dog cart and food truck can still be found downtown from April-November.
- Coney Island is a Fort Wayne classic—and just a short walk across the street from our office. Stepping inside is like stepping back in time—maybe not all the way to 1914, when it opened, but back to the days when going out for a couple of hot dogs was considered a real treat.
- Nawa, which means “new beginnings” in Thai, features Asian-inspired cuisine and custom-crafted beverages that showcase herbal and fruit flavors of the Far East. They are a fairly new addition to downtown Fort Wayne, and we are happy to have them!
- Old Crown Coffee Roasters made our list, because their atmosphere and vibe is ideal for working remotely, they serve cocktails if you end up working into the evening, and they have outdoor seating (for the Indiana days with bearable weather).
- Salsa Grille is our go-to spot for Taco Tuesday. We simply can’t get enough of their addictive carne asada!
- Shigs in Pit’s BBQ is no joke; they compete in nationally sanctioned BBQ events throughout the Midwest, winning nearly twenty titles. Around Fort Wayne, they’re known for their extremely tender meats and distinctive sauces.
- Zesto Ice Cream is one of the first signs of spring in Fort Wayne—and arguably the best ice cream in town. Their ice cream flavors of the day are always a treat, and for those of us trying to eat healthier (or trying to convince ourselves that we are, anyway), they also have delicious frozen yogurts to choose from.
And our Fort Mill, SC, faves:
- Cupcrazed Cakery is most famously know for winning Cupcake Wars on the Food Network, but our Fort Mill locals claim their sugar cookies are where it’s at.
- Grapevine Wine Bar offers a comfortable atmosphere, complete with a distinctive mix of wine and specialty beers. You can also pair a selection of artisan cheese and desserts with your beverage, while enjoying the company of friends and neighbors.
- Local Dish serves a perfect seafood pasta dish and provides the perfect atmosphere for Main Street Fort Mill.
- Persis Indian Grill is new to Fort Mill and brings the pleasure of variety with biryanis, tandooris, and curries, along with a fully stocked bar. One trip here, and it’ll definitely be added to your list of favorite restaurants.
- Southern Sugar recently opened in downtown Fort Mill and is already a Kinetic team go-to. It’s an espresso bar, bakery and wine bar. Need we say more?